Friday, September 17, 2010

Kid's got chops!

In case there were any doubts remaining as to my nerd cred, I played trombone in the high school marching band. I never took my trombone to college, though, so it sat unused in my parents' basement for 10 years. In January, I happened to be passing through with space in my trunk and so brought the instrument home where it now sits unused in my house. I pull it out every few months and play some of the songs from a book of John Williams music my wife got me. My son has lately been asking if he can play it. To him, it's just one of daddy's toys and aren't we always telling him to share?

Last night, I let him try it, thinking he would be disappointed when he couldn't make it work.

When he found something to hold it up for him, things got easier.

Yes, a trombone does sound like a fart. No, I haven't grown out of laughing at it either.

8 comments:

Katie said...

That's awesome. He was doing a pretty good job. I think someone has a talent for the talent show now. :P

Sheri E. said...

I'm amazed that he can do that! Good job!

Gavin said...

Playing trombone is the coolest thing ever! I can't wait until I get mine back from my sister so I can play again.

Alan C said...

i love it. I would love to hear him on the Tuba!

Teresa said...

He will have that mastered before we know it! I am anxious to see a performance.

Karen C. said...

I'm surprised he can even lift that thing. Smart of him to rest it on the sofa. So it is cute to hear him play the trombone, and it is cute to listen to Boofus giggle about it.

Karen C. said...

And I'm not going to encourage you by commenting on your 'fart' comment.
Ooooops.

John said...

He takes after his pops! I'm very impressed.