Sunday, March 14, 2010

Non-Routine Maintenance

On Friday, I got the car titled and registered. I'd peeked at the air filter during previous trips under the hood and knew that it was disgusting, so we picked up a new one. There are seed shells and poo nuggets all over the engine compartment, so I knew that at some point a mouse had been living in there. It wasn't until I lifted up the old filter and saw the filter box looking back at me, though, that I realized the mouse had never moved out. Luckily, I know what to do with unwelcome tenants.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Ha ha! Thats funny. I can't believe he stayed in there even after you got it running again.

Alan C said...

It might just be the photo perspective, but this mouse looks a lot larger than the one you captured in the jar. It does not look goofy enough to be Pinky and the head is too small to be Brain, but he might be related.

Good job extricating the unwanted guest.

neil said...

Your eyes do not deceive you, Dradums. The mouse was huge! It was, however, a female mouse and I dubbed her Frida.

John said...

Who knew you could find so many mice in Arizona?! I think finding it alive is much better than the alternative. Then you would have some odor issues to deal with. Although, I have that problem with my car and there are no dead mice in it...

Karen C. said...

Neil!!! I can't believe you got a car and you didn't tell me!!! (hehe)
Ummmm. That doesn't look like a mouse to me. They don't even grow them that big in Texas. Is it a rat? Or a prairie dog? Or a mutant ninja oppossum?
As for the odors in John's car--I think we all have some idea about where that came from...