Monday, June 6, 2011

Sushi!

My wife doesn't like sushi. It's a shame since it means I don't get to eat it very often but at least it means I don't have to share. I decided a while back that I wanted some but I was stymied by not being able to find a rolling mat at the grocery store. The sushi hater finally said, "Why don't you just order one off of Amazon?" Genius. Apparently, they sell nori sheets too.

I like all kinds of sushi but when it comes down to it, it's hard to beat a good California roll.

Only one of my children was brave enough to try a bite and she quickly decided it wasn't for her. My wife, to her credit did eat one, if only to verify that yep, she doesn't like sushi.

But, then again, who would be sad about leftover sushi?



Luckily, I planned for nobody else wanting to eat any and got some pizza too.

Pizza and sushi: not a bad combination, really.

5 comments:

Katie said...

California rolls are my favorite, too. And it's kinda hard to make anything with raw fish when you're making it at home. Amazon has everything. We occasionally even get cereal.

John said...

California rolls are generally the only kind of sushi I get excited to eat. I'm not big on raw fish. Although I've had some good cooked eel varieties. Those look pretty good.

Sheri E. said...

Sushi and Pizza? Sounds like a smashing combination. I love California rolls.

Alan C said...

Your sushi looks really good. Even though I have had quite a few raw fish type sushi, I do not really care for them. I have had good cooked shrimp ones too. I Japan I had some that were made with slabs of scrambled egg on top (not the rolled kind). Those were also very tasty. California roll is still one of my favorites as long as it doesn't have wasabi in it.

Karen C. said...

I love California rolls. You have done a very nice job with these. They look beautiful.
I had some sushi that was made with mango, and it was interesting how the texture of mango is a very good approximation of raw fish.