Thursday, February 2, 2012

The King of Strange Injuries

I am profoundly skilled at injuring myself in strange ways. There is a running joke in my family that I will always injure myself playing football on Thanksgiving, leaving my wife to do all the cooking work. In an attempt to end that curse a few years ago, I didn't make any plans to play football. Instead, I managed to stab a sliver of metal from my belt buckle through my thumb nail. The end then broke off leaving it complete unremovable. I still have no idea how that happened but it left my thumb sore for the next month.

In the sprirt of that freak occurence, I jammed my pinkie two nights ago. I jammed it against my own leg while I was trying to catch a falling bunch of asparagus.

I deserve an award or something. Or maybe my wife does.

3 comments:

Katie said...

You really are very talented. I think our whole family has a talent for weird and strange things. I always get weird rashes and side effects to medication. Also, as I recently found out, turns out I developed a hernia while pregnant with Lucas.

Karen C. said...

Seriously? That's your story? A jammed pinky while trying to catch some falling asparagus is taking "strange injuries" to a whole new level. You are truly a gifted individual. (I have to confess that the metal sliver through your fingernail was also an amazing accomplishment.)
Ashley definitely deserves some sort of award for her patience.

Alan C said...

Ashley deserves a reward. I'm not sure you really want a reward. Something would go wrong with that too....