Friday, March 14, 2008

Pi Day

Oh Pi Day. That wonderful day of the year that feels like an inside joke of the nerd population. I think it's hilarious to wish people a happy Pi Day and have them reply,

"Happy what!?"

I told my wife it was Pi Day and she asked if it was a day we were all supposed to eat pie. I gave her my best "I can't believe you don't know what I'm talking about" face and said,

"No, Pi Day. March 14th, Pi Day"

"Oh," she said, "3, 1, 4"

I can't believe that my nerdiness has failed to rub off.

For those who have any doubt about nerdliness being genetic, let me tell you about what my family did on Pi Day. My father texted "Happy Pi Day" to his children. My brother texted back to tell my father how he was celebrating the occasion. My sister sent a picture of the pie she had made. Another sister also replied, telling about her own pie. We're nerds, it's in our blood (and the left hemisphere of our brains)

How did you celebrate Pi Day?

1 comment:

Tom Rod said...

With pies, of course!

I must know--do you have a spaceship named Serenity?

If not, any brothers born in the 2500's?

No?

Huh.