Saturday, March 14, 2009

Pi Day, Schmi Day

I feel so un-nerdful. I didn't do anything special for Pi Day. I didn't make a pie. I didn't recite pi to the 314th decimal place. I didn't even do anything irrational. I thought about celebrating, but making a pie is just so much work, and I had other not-so-nerdy things to do, like weed the rocks in the front yard so the HOA stops sending me nasty letters. In fact, at 1:59:26 this afternoon, I couldn't have cared less what the radius or circumference of the weeds were - I just wanted them out of my gravel.

I did, however, make this hamburger.

It is round. I put pickles on it. They are roundish. There are 3 slices of tomato on this burger. Can we round that to 3.14? I think we can. The tomato slices are also round. The bun? You betcha - round. The potato chips? Uh, huh. My belly afterward? Most assuredly.

Pi Day, consider yourself observed.

4 comments:

Kristin Hanson said...

And here I thought it was St. Patrick's Day?? silly me.... I know it's early but what are your plans for Mol Day???

Katie said...

I completely forgot about pi day this year. I feel gypped. I was too worried about other things and didn't even have a chance to feel bad about not making a pi. I think I will celebrate pi day late a make an apple pie anyway. Apple pie sounds so yummy right now.

neil said...

You should definitely make an apple pie, Katie. You never need a special occasion for that.

What do people do for mol day? I can't say as I have any plans for that particular day, though I do plan to prominently carry a towel on May 25th (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Towel_Day)

Alan C said...

I had planned on celebrating Pi Day by making a pie, but when the day actually arrived, I was distracted with other commitments and forgot about making the pie. We made 3 pies last week to go with ice cream as an enticement for the young men and leaders to go to stake priesthood meeting. I made two pumpkin and one cherry cream pie and Mom made an apple pie. They were very good and well received. We had some good leftovers until Joseph found them. The dissapeared pretty quickly.