Sunday, March 1, 2009

Train Your Jedi Young

You never know when a Sith might be waiting around the corner so it's a good idea to brush up on your lightsaber dueling skills. It's also important to protect your loved ones by teaching them how to wield a lightsaber. As you can see, it is never too early to start. As long as you pretend it is only 'play,' they'll never know you are preparing them for real danger. A word to the wise, though: wait until they are a bit older before teaching them back flips.

In this training video we learn striking, blocking, evasion, and the all important control of the high ground.



Note: Dropping your lightsaber is not a good way to control the high ground. Also, while it is appropriate in practice to return a blade to a fallen foe, never give a Sith his lightsaber back - it is a good way to get your head chopped off.

7 comments:

John said...

Shoot, I should be training more regularly. Those sneaky Sith... Awesome training video. Now I have some good pointers. :)

Karen C. said...

That's about the cutest video I've seen in a long time. Of course, with my dial-up modem I was able to watch it in "slow-mo" and you might not have noticed Yoda in the background moving at super "faster-than-the-eye-can-detect" speed and coaching these young padawans on the proper use of the force. I'm pleased to know that you are such a diligent parent and that my granbabies are learning these extremely important life lessons. Plus, don't forget to brush your teeth...

Karen C. said...

Apparently my super-dooper proof-reading eyes forgot how to spell "grandbabies".... OOPS!

Sheri E. said...

At least he knows the importance of the high ground. You always win if you have the high ground!

Katie said...

Awesome. I was kinda hoping he would body slam the Saders once he had the high ground. An awesome light saber flip trick was almost as good, though.

neil said...

That's ok, Mrawmins, just don't misspell "sith."

I think next week I'm going to teach them the Captain Kirk roll - in case they ever have to fight an android replica of themselves.

Karen C. said...

OK Neil... I revoke all your computer privileges for the comment about misspelling "sith"!

Captain Kirk is the greatest, EVER! Anything you can teach your young ones--especially the Captain Kirk roll or karate chop to the neck--will be a useful life lesson!